Hospitality Team Member
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, for example bars, restaurants, cafes, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. The role is very varied and although a hospitality team member tends to specialise in an area, they have to be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during busy periods.
The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service in a hotel or attending a business conference feels welcomed and looked after.
This standard has been designed with the input from a trailblazer group which includes: Hilton Worldwide, Mitchells and Butler, The Spirit Pub Company, McDonald’s UK and PGL.
- Payable at registration: £187 (25%)*
- Payable at Gateway: £563 (75%)**
- TQUK/IQ Level 1 Award in Functional Skills English (QCF) (Attempted Level 2 Award in Functional Skills English (QCF))
- TQUK/IQ Level 1 Award in Functional Skills Mathematics (QCF) (Attempted Level 2 Award in Functional Skills Mathematics (QCF))
- Completed prior to enrolment: Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Completed prior to completion: Competence clearly evidenced by the on-programme progression review meetings and records
*25% registration fee is transferrable to a new registration should an apprentice withdraw from the apprenticeship. Upon receipt apprentices, employers and training providers will gain access to the TQUK EPA management suite, our end-point assessment information packs, mock examinations, study tips, revision guides, training logs and self-assessment forms.
**75% fee paid at gateway in non-refundable as we anticipate that once the apprentice has passed through gateway they will be ready to undertake the end-point assessment elements. If the 75% payable upon gateway is not paid within 30 days of invoice we, as the EPAO, will put a hold on any end-point assessment activities being undertaken and any certification processes.
Training Qualifications UK offers one free re-sit per multiple-choice test where included within a standard. Element assessments re-sits will be charged per assessment and standard