The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A digital marketer will typically work as part of a team and they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions and will normally report to a Digital Marketing Manager, a Marketing Manager or an IT Manager.
Apprentices must achieve one internationally recognised vendor or professional qualification in order to complete the Digital Marketer apprenticeship. These can be found in the right-hand column. This will then exempt one of the Ofqual-regulated knowledge modules, which are:
- Knowledge Module 1: Principles of Coding (for Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship)
- Knowledge Module 2: Marketing Principles (for Level 3 Digital Marketer)
- Knowledge Module 3: Digital Marketing Business Principle (for Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship)
The Digital Marketer apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those who complete their apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration. Completion of the apprenticeship would also allow access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.
End-Point Assessment Components
- Summative Portfolio
- Synoptic Project
- Employer Reference
The Summative Portfolio is a collection of the best evidence the Apprentice has to demonstrate all the requirements of the standard. For the Apprentice to achieve a Pass, the Portfolio must cover the totality of the standard. The Portfolio will be submitted at Gateway.
The Apprentice will complete a Synoptic Project chosen by their Training Provider and Employer from the selection of Project Briefs created by Training Qualifications UK. The Project will be completed over four working days and submitted to the End-Point Assessor.
The Employer will provide a reference setting out their views of the quality of the Apprentice’s work. The Employer Reference will be submitted at Gateway.
The Interview will be the final assessment method as it draws upon the submissions made for the previous three assessment methods. The questions asked will allow the End-Point Assessor to further explore aspects of the work submitted in order to make a holistic decision about the grade to be awarded. The interview will last 60 minutes (+10% variance).
If you would like to learn more about the Digital Marketer apprenticeship standard, check out our factsheets page or alternatively you can find more information via the Institute for Apprenticeships website.
£1200 (Training Provider conducts Project invigilation)
- Payable at Registration: £300 (25%)*
- Payable at Gateway: £900 (75%)**
£1600 (TQUK conducts Project invigilation)
- Payable at Registration: £400 (25%)*
- Payable at Gateway: £1200 (75%)**
(+£100 surplus if Face to Face Interview)
- MTA HTML 5 (Knowledge Module 1)
- CIW – Site Development Associate (Knowledge Module1)
- Google Squared (Knowledge Module 2)
- CIM (CIM Level 4 Award in Digital Marketing) Dot Native (Knowledge Module 2)
- CIW – Internet Business Associate (Knowledge Module 2)
- Google Analytics IQ (Knowledge Module 3)
- CIM (CIM Level 4 Award in Digital Marketing) CIW – Data Analytics (Knowledge Module 3)
- CIW – Social Media (Knowledge Module 3)
- Dot Native (Knowledge Module 3)
- CIW – Internet Business Associate (Knowledge Module 3)
- Google Squared (Knowledge Module 3)
- Level 2 Award in Functional Skills English
- Level 2 Award in Functional Skills Mathematics
*25% registration fee is transferrable to a new registration should an Apprentice withdraw from the apprenticeship. Upon receipt Apprentices, Employers and Training Providers will gain access to the TQUK EPA management suite.
**75% fee paid at gateway in non-refundable as we anticipate that once the apprentice has passed through gateway they will be ready to undertake the end-point assessment elements. If the 75% payable upon gateway is not paid within 30 days of invoice we, as the EPAO, will put a hold on any end-point assessment activities being undertaken and any certification processes.
Training Qualifications UK offers one free re-sit per multiple-choice test where included within a standard. Element assessments re-sits will be charged per assessment and standard