Welcome to the sixth edition of the EPA Product Newsletter. This week, we cover a range of resources, including a new support video and a selection of support material revisions.
Having received this newsletter, should you wish it to reach others within your organisation, please complete the following form which will allow their details to be captured and included within our mailing list.
Newsletter Sign-Up and Feedback Form
- An Apprentice Handbook reminder
- A new Support Video
- Support Tools for the Business Administrator Version 2
As a reminder about our message before the Christmas break, we are pleased to announce that the Apprentice Handbook is now available to download from Verve EPA. This extensive new support material can be accessed by logging into Verve EPA and clicking on Support Materials -> View.
The Apprentice Handbook provides a wealth of End-Point Assessment support to all Apprentices who will be assessed at Training Qualifications UK, regardless of the Apprenticeship Standard. There are several benefits the Apprentice Handbook brings:
- Information Hub – The handbook provides a single information hub to access relevant EPA support. The handbook allows the collation of a range of existing support materials currently on Verve EPA, while also adding further value through additional sections.
- Verve EPA Streamlining – Where existing support materials has been absorbed by the Apprentice Handbook (E.g Use of Notes Guidance), those resources will be subsequently retired from Verve EPA so that the information sits solely within the Apprentice Handbook. This will result in a more streamlined Support Material section, ensuring that all parties can quickly access the information they require.
- Apprentice Brief Streamlining – Future iterations of standard-specific Apprentice Briefs will have fewer EPA-generic elements as these will now be contained within the Apprentice Handbook. This allows the Apprentice Briefs to become more focused to the detail pertaining to a specific assessment element within the Apprenticeship Standard. We are looking forward to sharing the new Apprentice Briefs with you in due course as they are rolled out across each standard.
As part of our continued Support Video project, we have developed a Support Video that provides further detail regarding access and utilising the wealth of Support Materials we have available on Verve EPA.
Business Administrator Version 2 – Additional Support Tools
In order to support the Apprentice’s selection of KSBs across the Portfolio Interview and Project Presentation, we have developed a bespoke support tool. This can be accessed via Verve EPA under the Business Administrator V2 support materials and is titled KSB Selection Support Tool. This interactive tool allows mapping of the optional KSBs across the two assessment components, preventing duplication of selected KSBs or KSBs not being mapped to either component.
In addition to this new tool, a revision has been performed to the Gateway Requirements Guidance document to include links to this KSB Selection Support Tool, along with other supporting information ensuring the Apprentice has met all the requirements for Gateway for Business Administrator Version 2.
In case you missed our previous EPA Resource updates, take a look below: